Since 2008, Americhem has had an active approach to become an environmentally friendly company. We set and accomplish our goals by changes in how our business operates, the products we provide and the technologies we develop. Environmental responsibility is a key element in our company principles, and we are always trying to better ourselves to follow through with our commitment to our people, the public and the environment.
- We have made big changes at our plants and in our offices where there are many opportunities to continue to improve.
- Implemented recycling programs at all of our locations for polymer waste, cans, bottles, paper and items such as ink cartridges.
- Installed light switch sensors and high efficiency lighting across our US plant network.
- Departments such as accounting and purchasing made an effort to go paperless by using systems such as the automated clearing house (ACH).
- Americhem corporate offices have solar tubes in the ceilings, increasing the use of natural light and reducing electrical consumption.
ISO 14001 CertificationThe ISO 14001 standard certifies that companies follow a specific framework to help reduce negative impact on the environment. Our plant located in Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio has been ISO 14001 certified for a year and we have a goal to certify all of our plants in the future, starting with our plant in Suzhou, China in 2016.
Eco-Friendly ProductsAnother way that we reduce environmental impact is through products such as nBalance™ sustainable solutions and solution dyeing technology.
- 31 of our American PET colorants received Oeko Tex certification for synthetic fibers in Europe.
- nBalance - a mix of color and additive masterbatches that are designed to reduce consumption of natural resources and use minimal energy in manufacturing and distribution.
- Solution Dye Process - enhances your fiber production by coloring and spinning fiber in just one step. It also requires less water and eliminates the need for downstream equipment.
contact us online to see the Americhem difference for yourself.