Red stimulates and is full of emotion. It can mean power or danger, passionate love or raging anger. It is the hottest of all the warm colors.
Red demands attention, no matter what sensation it represents. You can use it to make people take notice, and it conveys a sense of action. It is one of the most visible colors, second only to yellow.
Global Meanings of Red*
- Red is second to blue as the favorite color of all people.
- Red is the most popular color used on flags in the world. Approximately 77% of all flags include red.
- Red is the international color for stop.
Unique Meanings of Red in Different Cultures*
- Red is the color of good luck in Asia and is the most popular color in China.
- Red is an auspicious color for marriage. Brides in India and Nepal wear red saris; in Japan, a red kimono symbolizes happiness and good luck.